The tips below include some of my favorites!
Don’t miss out on new teaching trends. Follow Apple A Day’s Totally Terrific Tips for Teachers board on Pinterest by clicking this link.
You can also click on the other links to discover the variety of ways Apple A Day can assist you with your management and organizational needs. Transform your learning environment The Apple A Day Way…
Totally Terrific Tips for Teachers:
1. Greet your students at your classroom door to establish the tone and expectations for the day.
2. Incorporate a bathroom sign-out procedure that keeps your students accountable for their time and yours.
3. Purchase plastic baskets of all sizes for your classroom library. Store books by category and label the baskets accordingly.
4. Designate each student with a number that corresponds to mailboxes, cubbies, class work, etc.
5. Enlist your students to help you develop 5 positively stated rules with stages of consequences.
6. Develop a blank class list within a table format on your computer. You can use this list for all types of assessment checklists, as well as, materials lists.
7. Desk groups of students can be renamed according to the current theme (continents, animal groups, etc.). Encourage competition regarding the cleanest desk group, the desk group ready to line-up first, etc.
8. Enlist your students in line games when waiting in line for specials, lunch lines, bus dismissal, etc.
9. Designate one bulletin board in your class for portfolios made with pocket folders. Current work is displayed on the cover while past work is stored inside.
10. Develop a lunch count routine that doubles as an attendance taker.